Set up for the practice
1. Set up the practice as shown in the diagram.
2. Target area: 10 metres away from the batsman - safety.
3. Target area 10-15 metres wide. Fielders stand between markers.NOTE: For better players target area should be further away and more narrow.
4. Mark out parallel lines on the floor to show line and length of the ball.
5. Ideal numbers for groups is 4-6 players - Maximum activity.
6. Thrower stands 10-12 paces from the batsman.
7. Thrower says Bat up!, then throws a bobble ball, which bounces more than twice below the batsmans knee height. (Underarm feed standing up.)
8. Each group has 3 balls.
9. Ideal duration of the practice: 25-35 mins.
© Copyright Sportplan Ltd, 2013