- Use the diagram as a starting point for players.
- 10 advances carrying the ball, inviting the defence to press up on the attack.
- Optional, 11 could provide a decoy option.
- 10 passes to 12, who advances onto the ball.
- 10 loops around 12, decoy.
- 12 carries the ball forward.
- 13 runs a supporting line on 12, closing the space between the players.
- 12 miss-passes the ball behind 13 to 14.
- 14 advances with the ball, supported by 15.
- Think about what could happen if the move needs to be cancelled, what will happen following the move if we pass the gain line and if we are stopped at the gain line.
- Run this unopposed, before adding pressure.
- Run this move with pressure as the team gets better.
- Think about where you will use with move on the pitch.
- Think about using cones to mark out starting and target points.
- Allow players to cancel, but if they do cancel, what are their options?
- Players heads need to be up, a move should be a fluid attacking strategy.
- Think about player foot-speed, do the players need to be running flat out all the time?
© Copyright Sportplan Ltd, 2014