- See the diagram for the starting positions.
- 10 passes to 13.
- 13 comes forward either straight, or cutting in to close the space between them and the 10.
- 12 could provide a decoy runner.
- 15/14 could support 13.
- Think about what could happen if the move needs to be cancelled, what will happen following the move if we pass the gain line and if we are stopped at the gain line.
- Run this unopposed, before adding pressure.
- Run this move with pressure as the team gets better.
- Execute as close to the defensive line as possible, but beware of interceptions.
- Think about where you will use with move on the pitch.
- Think about using cones to mark out starting and target points.
- Allow players to cancel, but if they do cancel, what are their options?
- Players heads need to be up, a move should be a fluid attacking strategy.
- Think about player foot-speed, do the players need to be running flat out all the time?
- Timing is everything, there is no point in exhausting the move too early.
© Copyright Sportplan Ltd, 2014