- The ball carrier drives into the contact pads and presents ball backwards. Player 2 binds on, face to face and secures ball, player 3 binds on the other side to form a front row.
- All attackers bind together and drive defenders back 2-3 metres. Player 4 takes ball out at back and runs back around cone with players 1-3 in support.
- Repeat going back the other way until all attackers have practised each role.
- Ensure all players are properly warmed up.
- Good low body position when hitting the contact pads.
- Protect the ball at all times.
- Tight bind and push through shoulders.
The ball carrier should use footwork to create a small gap and stay facing forward.
The ball carrier should continue to leg drive to allow time for support to arrive.
When players are clearing out they should look for weaknesses in the defenders stance.
- Remove the shields so the players compete in a game like setting.
- Allow 1 player in each pair to jackal.
© Copyright Sportplan Ltd, 2013