- 5 attackers - 10 defenders (or 2 to 1 ratio dependent on numbers)
- Start slowly with ruck ball
- Defenders cannot steal ball
- Attackers recycle ball
- Defenders realign
- Coach calls tackle made
- Coach controls speed of ball available
- Defenders set Guards and Body Guards
- Man to Man defence structure
- Encourage Line Speed and Communication
- Encourage defending scrum half to organise both sides of ruck
- Encourage players to Drop and Swap in order to get fastest players in wider positions.
- Go to 4 - 8 phases and try to maintain defensive shape.
- Success = attackers rucks are steadily moved backwards from start ruck.
© Copyright Sportplan Ltd, 2014